Friday, January 18, 2008

Lasagna-Pizza Bagels

Sometimes deciding what to have for lunch is harder than thinking of a dinner menu. Abby and I had this for lunch last week, bagels made into pizzas. I know it's nothing new, but I wanted to add protein to our lunch without nasty pepperoni, so I put some cottage cheese on it. It reminded me of lasagna, and I thought I was pretty clever. You could add any toppings you want, but I like them with just cheese and a little dried basil.



Lasagna-Pizza Bagels

plain bagels (if they are thick, slice halves in half)
spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce
cottage cheese
shredded mozzarella
Parmesan in a can
dried basil or Italian seasoning (optional)


Layer bagels with sauce and a little cottage cheese. Top with mozzarella and sprinkle Parmesan and a little basil on top. Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for ten minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments: