Thursday, January 21, 2010

Zuppa Toscana

A friend of mine is a huge fan of Olive Garden soups. A friend of hers sent this recipe, and then she shared it on her blog, and now I'm sharing because it was DELICIOUS!

Zuppa Toscana
1 lb ground Italian Sausage
1 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
1 large diced onion
4 TBS bacon pieces
2 tsp garlic puree
10c. water
5 cubes chicken bouillion
1c. heavy cream
1 lb sliced russet potatoes (about 3 large potatoes)
1/4 bunch kale

brown sausage and red pepper. Drain fat and set aside. In same pan, saute oion, bacon and garlic until onions are soft. Add water and bollion. Bring to a boild and add potatoes. Cook until soft (about 30 minutes). Add cream, sausage and kale. Cook until heated through and serve.

I did the recipe a little different. I did 4 very large potatoes, and chunked them not sliced. I did about 3/4 bunch of kale and I used half and half instead of heavy cream. And I did about 6 TBS of bacon. It turned out fabulous! I will definitely be making this recipe again!

No comments: