Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ikea Meatball Cream

It's hard to go to Ikea without partaking of the delicious Swedish meatballs. Not only does the trek through the large maze demand a pit stop including sustenance, but the meatballs are creamy and enticing. I bought some mini party meatballs from Trader Joes and let them steep in this concoction in the slow cooker. Eating them with marionberry jam (elderberry wasn't in my fridge at the time) and potatoes, I could have sworn I was right there in the Ikea food court. Or maybe that's because our entire house is furnished with Ikea ware...

Ikea Meatball Cream

1 C beef stock
1/2 C cream
soy sauce
1 TB white flour
1 TB melted butter
Freshly ground white pepper

Bring the beef stock to a boil. Add the cream and soy sauce to taste. Combine flour and melted butter and whisk into sauce. Season with white pepper.

1 comment:

Maren said...

What?! No elderberry in the fridge?! I can't BELIEVE you!

Thanks for posting this. Yum!