Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm a Believer (Tortilla Bowls)


I finally made Barbacoa Pork and it was delicious! I made it once before without making any of the recommended accompaniments (tomatillo dressing, etc.) and it got mixed reviews at our house. Then a couple of months ago I went to a dinner where taco salad was served with everything and I was sold. I resolved to go all out the next time I made it. I even made tortilla bowls (although my leftovers were just as good with chips after I ran out of bowls). I found an easy recipe on foodnetwork.com. Here it is:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Place a small dish of water next to your work surface. To make the tortilla bowls, place 4 empty (15-ounce) cans, open side down, on a baking pan. Using a pastry brush, soften the tortillas (10-inch flour) by brushing both sides with a little water, and then brush with oil. Drape the tortillas over the cans and bake until firm, about 5 to 7 minutes. Using tongs, turn the tortilla bowls right side up, discard the cans, and continue to bake until golden and crisp, another 4 minutes.

No comments: