Friday, March 28, 2008

Sharon's Macaroni and Beef Bake

This yummy casserole seems to always be a hit whenever I serve it. My husband, Rob, remembers as a kid coming home from football practice in the cold and eating his mom's Mac and Beef Bake and warming up real fast! The original recipe doesn't call for corn but sometimes I throw some in with the cheese.

Sharon's Macaroni and Beef Bake
2 lbs ground beef (if I add corn I lessen the amount of meat)
2/3 C chopped onion
1 C uncooked elbow macaroni
4 C tomato juice
1 can tomato soup
1 1/2 C cheddar cheese
1 1/2 tsp chili pwd
salt and pepper to taste

Brown the meat, onion and uncooked macaroni. Add the tomato juice and soup. Mix together. Pour in to 9x13 pan. Stir in cheese and chili powder. Add salt and pepper if desired. Bake for about 40 minutes in 350 degree oven. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.

No comments: