Saturday, March 29, 2008

German Chocolate Frosting..... YUMMY

I have made this recipe twice in like a week (ok maybe two). For some reason I have been totally craving it! I guess this baby is going to like carmely coconutty pecany goodness! But don't worry I didn't eat all of it! I took one pan to a ward party and the other one we had company over. But still, SO GOOD!! It is an old family recipe (my grandma's I think). I just spread it over a pan of brownies (I don't really like cake and I just make the brownies from a mix). I have tried several brownie recipes since moving to PA, but all of them have ended up a little dry. I just like the box mix better. Is there some trick to brownies at this elevation? Anyway, enough rambling. Here is the delicious recipe!

German Chocolate Frosting

combine in a saucepan:
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1 square of margarine (I used BUTTER)

Cook over medium heat stirring until thickened (it will boil for a while, just keep cooking until it is as thick as you want your frosting to be).

remove from heat and add:
1 tsp. vanilla
1 & 1/2 cups coconut
1 cup pecans

I let it cool for a little while before I spread it on my brownies, but the recipe doesn't say you have to do that. I didn't let it cool before I took a great big bite of it! Anyway, really it is SO good! Hope you love it!



No comments: