I love, love, love, love this recipe and it is super easy. Kevin's mom made a ton of these at Christmas and froze them. You can pull them out one or a few at a time and let them sit at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes. The squares stay a bit more firm that way. My current batch is sitting in the fridge and the crust is nice and soft but Kevin says the filling is a little too gooey for his taste. I hope you guys try these and like them!
2 small cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
1 1/2 c sugar, divided
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Spray a little Pam on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish/pan. Unroll the 1st can of crescent rolls and spread them on the bottom.
2. Blend cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla together and spread evenly over the crescent rolls.
3. Unroll 2nd can of crescent rolls and spread out over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
4. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly (there will be a lot) over the top. Melt the stick of butter and pour evenly over the cinnamon/sugar. You may have to spread it around with a spatula.
5. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy! (I refigerated mine before cutting and it was way less messy).