Saturday, January 12, 2008

Buffalo Chicken with Blue Cheese Lettuce Wedges

If you like hot wings you'll love this! It was so easy. Using a rotisserie chicken makes it quick. I bought my chicken a day before I made this recipe, so it was in the fridge and cold the night I was going to use it. I just cut it into pieces and used my roasting pan (like the one in Heidi's picture) on the stovetop to let the chicken heat up in the sauce on low for about 20 minutes.
I love the vinegary taste of the hot sauce. And I've tried a couple bottled blue cheese dressings that I didn't like. This dressing is simple and brings out the blue cheese flavor. I also had diced tomatoes and crumbled bacon to serve over the dressing (highly recommended!) Extra dressing can be used with the chicken for dipping.

Buffalo Chicken

from Real Simple January '07

1 5-oz bottle of hot sauce (such as Frank's RedHot)
4 Tb butter
1 rotisserie chicken, cut into pieces

In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, warm the hot sauce. Stir in butter and heat until melted. place the chicken pieces in a large bowl, pour sauce mixture over the chicken and toss.

Blue Cheese Lettuce Wedges

1/2 C sour cream
4 oz crumbled blue cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 small head iceburg lettuce, cut into wedges

In a small bowl combine sour cream, blue cheese, salt, pepper, and 2 1/2 Tb water. If you want a thinner dressing, add more water 1 tsp at a time. Serve dressing over wedges.

No comments: